The governing body has a range of duties and powers and a general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement. Its responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- setting targets for pupil achievement
- managing the school's finances
- making sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based
- appointing staff
- reviewing staff performance and pay
- ensuring the premises are safe and providing a stimulating environment
The governing body should act as a 'critical friend' to the Headteacher by proving advice and support, and by asking challenging questions.
You can contact the Chair of Governors via the school office.